Vintage Western Dress / Lack of Color – Rosé Hat/ White Cowboy Boots- Boot Barn-
Halloween costume update that can also double up as a normal outfit for me. Decided to go with a halloween costume that I can also wear after the holiday and since the western trend is something I’m huge on right now, it was a rodeo girl costume for me. Found this cute vintage number at one of my favorite vintage shops Memo’s Vintage in Fullerton, CA. I always find the best vintage dresses there but definitely paid a pretty penny for it. Planning on wearing it more than once for fall so the price was worth it.
Being mixed raced I wanted to also celebrate my Mexican culture with a Día De Los Muertos costume. This makeup took my 4 hours to complete and the head piece also took another 4 hours to make. Below is the final look!
Starting with the face makeup I used:
- Lightest foundation shade of Wet n Wild to pale out my face.
- Black Eye liner to create the circles around my eyes and black costume make-up crayon to color in the circles. Also used black eye shadow to help make the black circles darker.
- Black Liquid eyeliner for the scalloping detail around my eyes.
- Crafting pearls I purchased from Walmart I used to glue to my face with eyelash glue.
- Lip color is Merh Matte Lipstick from Mac.
Crown Headpiece was made with:
- Wooden Skewers
- Crafting Gold Flowers & Pearls. (Can purchase at Walmart or Michaels Craft Stores)
- Artificial Flowers (Purchased at World Market)
- Piece of cardboard cut out to the shape of the headband used to glue the skewers & flowers to.
- Metallic Gold spray paint.
- Hot Glue Gun
- Plastic headband